Pool party anyone?

And so it begins....the renovation of our pool, that is! Our pool has been looking more like a swamp than an oasis of late, and that's because it's way overdue for a complete overhaul. And after the recent floods we've had here, we had the added problem of dirt and debris washing in from the back yard. I will post some revolting before pics once it's all nice and pretty again, but as it's just too horrendous to show at the moment I'll spare you until it's all finished. Of course, I have a file full of inspiration photos, and here are a few of my faves.

This pool is very similar to ours actually, and I'm thinking a little pool house would be just the thing to finish it off 








One thing I do have to decide is what colour waterline tiles to use. As we live in a bushland area, I won't use anything too bright or vibrant (so turquoise and aqua are out, unfortunately), as it just won't suit the surrounds. I've also been following the building of Shannon Fricke's new pool, and I know she'll come up with something fabulous to suit her country setting. I'll keep you up-to-date with all the goings on as the renovation progresses. 

Happy Friday everyone,


No comments:

Post a Comment