A Gallery Wall

So after the painting, nailing, and adjusting of pictures, I'm done with my gallery wall.  Well finished for now.  I'll add more pictures in the future but at the moment I'm satisfied.  Who knows, things could be totally different tomorrow.  I tend to walk by things and change them on impulse.

In the daytime:

And at night:

This was a blank wall between the entry foyer and main living area downstairs.  It needed a focal point and I didn't want to add just artwork.  I wanted something special for our family and guests to look at when they enter our home.

This is what the space looked like when we moved in.


A little bland and lacked some color.  I finally painted it in Behr Brown Teepee.


And now...







To tie in the colors of the rest of the downstairs, I painted the lamp and small frames in Valspar's Mediterranean.  The mirror, large frames, and candles and candlesticks I already owned.  I bought the "W" at Hobby Lobby and spray painted it in Krylon's Oil Rubbed Bronze.

They are all floating above the infamous Ikea Expedit shelf I've seen floating around blogland.  It was the perfect size for the space and I didn't have to shell out hundreds of dollars.  I searched numerous furniture stores before stumbling upon this shelf.

You might be eying the dining room chandelier in the mirror.  Oh yeah, I'll be tackling that one soon!!




Roomspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment