Sweet Girl's Room: Changing out the Light

My daughter's room has no overhead light.  Ideally I would like to have overhead lighting installed but that's not gonna happen right now.  None of the secondary bedrooms have overhead lighting but have a plug that connects to the light switch.  Her current source of light is a floor lamp from her previous room.  Can't say I like it too much now.  It was beat up during the move and leans a little now.  So this led me to be creative.


I've been seeing these paper lanterns around and thought it would be the perfect solution.  I love the playfulness it brings to the room.


I happened to be in World Market one day and was browsing their lighting section.  They had very nice lamps, shades, and paper lanterns.  And guess what else they had?  Light kits!  And only $9.99 (not $10, there's a difference you know).  I'll take one please.


I ended up getting my paper lantern in Hobby Lobby.  They had a 3 pack set for $4.99 but I had a 40% coupon.  That meant only $2.99 for me. 




Now let's hang this thing.  I figured it wouldn't be hard to put it together.  There weren't any instructions but easy to figure out. 



1 - Screw light bulb in.



2 - Insert down into lantern. 




3 - Insert metal frame (included) into lantern and attach to clasps on lantern.  Light must go in before attaching metal frame or the bulb won't fit in between frame and lantern.



4 - Attach cord to metal frame.


5 - The light kit came with hooks to hang the fixture.  




6 - They simply screw into the ceiling.  




7 - There are also hooks on the cord that go onto the hooks on the ceiling.    



8 - Attach the two hooks.


9 - Plug it in and tada!!  I found some foam butterfly stickers in the dollar section at Target.  I let my daughter add them on for fun.



I sooo love it. Much better than before.


Linking up with
House of Hepworths * The Shabby Creek Cottage * Thrifty Decor Chick * Home Stories A to Z * Sassy Sites * Under the Table and Dreaming * Just a Girl * The DIY Showoff * Dittle Dattle * Lines Across my Face * Coastal Charm * Bear Rabbit Bear * Rhinestone Beagle * Truly Lovely * The Girl Creative * Crafty Confessions * Strictly Homemade * Someday Crafts * Saved by Suzy * Mad in Crafts *


DIY Club

No comments:

Post a Comment