Williams Sonoma Inspired Fall Glass Hurricanes


I've started to put out some more fall decor.  I have a small thing for candles.  They can make a space feel more intimate and romantic.


I've seen these pretty little things floating around blogland so I decided to make my own.  They are glass hurricanes from Williams Sonoma for $68 plus the glass sleeve for $16.   Don't think that is gonna happen on my budget.


I gathered my supplies:
glass vase from Dollar Tree
glass candle holder from Dollar Tree
glass enclosed candle from Dollar Tree
faux leaves from Dollar Tree
spray paint


I glued the vase and candle holder together using Gorilla Glue.  I let it dry a couple hours.




I spray painted some leaves with ORB (because that's what was in the stash).  I want to keep the colors dark and neutral to go with my current decor.  I inserted the glass enclosed candle into my hurricane.




I simply dropped a few of my painted leaves in and voila.




For now they are sitting on my entry table along with some filler balls from Target.  I put the filler on a decorative plate I already had. 












I'd say I got a better deal at $7 for both.  What do you think?

Sharing with
Someday Crafts * Savvy Southern Style * Southern Lovely * Faded Charm * A Beach Cottage * Sew Much Ado * Handy Man Crafty Woman * Organize and Decorate Everything * The Thrifty Home * My Girlish Whims * Primp * Ginger Snap Crafts * Blue Cricket Design * Seven Thirty Three * A Little Tipsy * The Stuff of Success * The Shabby Creek Cottage * Bear Rabbit Bear * House of Hepworths * The 36th Avenue * Frugalicious Me * Somewhat Simple * Fireflies and Jellybeans * Momnivore's Dilemma * Saved by Suzy * Making It With Allie * A Glimpse Inside * The Crafty Blog Stalker * Christina's Adventures * Yesterday on Tuesday * The DIY Showoff * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Sassy Sites * The Shabby Nest * Just A Girl * Fingerprints on the Fridge * Mommas Kinda Crafty * Finding Fabulous * Fun to Craft * Naptime Crafters * 2805 * Simply Designing * The DIY Showoff * Tatortots and Jello * Under the Table and Dreaming * Making the World Cuter * Tough Cookie Mommy * Home Savvy A to Z * Dittle Dattle * Homemaker on a Dime * Keeping It Simple * Between Naps on the Porch * Skip to My Lou * Be Colorful * Ninth Street Notions * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * Marvelously Messy * C.R.A.F.T. * Debbiedoos * The Girl Creative * Thrifty Decor Chick * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia *
Today's Creative Blog * Home Stories A to Z * Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy * Centsational Girl * Sew Dang Cute * Not Just a Housewife * The Idea Room * Home is Where My Story Begins * Roca and Company * Craft Junkie Too * It's So Very Cheri * Young House Love * Bower Power * House of Earnest * Ana White *

Visit thecsiproject.com

No comments:

Post a Comment