A Stenciled Wall


We're having guests over for Thanksgiving so I thought this would be the perfect time to start putting the formal dining room together.  People will actually be eating in there so it has to look somewhat presentable.  I love the look of stencils so I thought I would give it a try.  I ordered the Moroccan Dream from Cutting Edge Stencils.  The process was fairly easy, but took a few hours to complete. 

The stencil is made of sturdy 12 mil clear plastic.  It is very large and was easy to work with.  I taped the stenciled to the wall and used the clip on level to make sure it was straight.  Very important to use the level.  If the first stencil is un-level, the rest of the wall will be crooked.  I worked in rows from the wall out to the edge.  I started by painting the room in Behr Brown Teepee like the rest of the downstairs.  After it dried overnight, I stenciled the left wall using Behr Decorator White in Satin.  Ignore the tape still up.  I started snapping pics before I pulled it all down.















Before
 
It's amazing what a little paint will do for a room.  Now I just need to add some accessories and hopefully the room will be ready by Thanksgiving. 




Sharing With
Homemaker on a Dime * Dittle Dattle * Making the World Cuter * The DIY Showoff * Keeping It Simple * Between Naps on the Porch * Marvelously Messy * Debbiedoo's * I Heart Naptime * Under the Table and Dreaming * Home Savvy A to Z * Be Colorful * The Gunny Sack * DIY Home Sweet Home * So Very Creative * Skip to My Lou * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * The Girl Creative * Creating My Way to Success * Craft-o-maniac * Ninth Street Notions * Rae Gun Ramblings * Home Stories A to Z * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Strictly Homemade * A Diamond in the Stuff * Coastal Charm * Type A Decorating * Tip Junkie * Reasons to Skip the Housework * Not Just a Housewife * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Chef in Training * Ladybug Blessings * Today's Creative Blog * Funky Polkadot Giraffe * Project Queen * Ginger Snap Crafts * Savvy Southern Style * DIY by DesignClean and Scentsible * Bear Rabbit Bear * House of Hepworths * The Shabby Creek Cottage * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * The Shabby Nest * Remodelaholic * Lovely Crafty Home * Truly Lovely * French Country Cottage * 504 Main * 30 Handmade Days * Simply Designing * Creation Corner * Craft Junkie Too * 2805 * Tatertots and Jello * Sugar Bee Crafts * New Nostalgia * Thrifty Decor Chick * Momnivore's Dilemma * The Crafty Blog Stalker * Kojo Designs * Tough Cookie Mommy * Evolution of Style * Blue Cricket Design * Someday Crafts * Domestically Speaking * Thrifty Inspirations *
 
DIY Club
Visit thecsiproject.com

No comments:

Post a Comment