DIY Drum Chandelier


I've noticed the new trend of Drum Chandeliers.  I knew I wanted an updated fixture over the breakfast area besides the ugly one that we acquired with the house.  I hadn't changed it yet because I wasn't sure what I wanted to go over the table.  After seeing a couple versions of it by Jackie and Carrie, I thought a drum chandelier would be a great modern and casual update.

I went to Lowes to grab the Portfolio Mini Pendant Light Fixture.  The had a good selection of shades to choose from, whether it be glass or lamp shade.  I ended up choosing an off white shade after searching several other stores.




The pendant was pretty easy to put together.


1. Gather your supplies: light pendant kit, shade, nipples, and couplings.
2. Dis-assemble the light kit by unscrewing the rods and canopy from the socket.
3. Screw on a coupling and nipple.  This lengthens the piece on which your shade sits on.
4. Slide your shade onto the cord and rest it on the coupling.




5. Screw the first rod onto the nipple.  Add the remaining 2 rods one at a time.
6. Remove the inside bar from the canopy.
7. Slide the canopy over the wire.  The canopy insert rotates so you easily do this.  
8. Once the wire is inserted, straighten the canopy.  Follow the instructions to mount to the ceiling.


It was that easy.  Look at the difference.








Now I have an updated light that matches the house.  Now I'm pondering covering the shade with some pretty fabric.  But which fabric?



Sharing with
Homemaker on a Dime * Making the World Cuter * Keeping it Simple * Between Naps on the Porch * Skip to my Lou * Be Colorful * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * Marvelously Messy * DIY Home Sweet Home * Dittle Dattle * The Gunny Sack * Home Savvy A to Z * Debbiedoo's * Creating My Way to Success * I Heart Naptime * Under the Table and Dreaming * Flamingo Toes * Don't Waste Your Homemaking * I Can't Stop Crafting * Home Stories A to Z * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy * Coastal Charm * Sugar Bee Crafts * Tip Junkie * Strictly HomemadeA Bowl Full of Lemons * Chef in Training * Type A Decorating * Funky Polka Dot Giraffe * Project Queen * Today's Creative Blog * Clean and Scentsible * Blue Cricket Design * Ginger Snap Crafts * Savvy Southern Style * DIY by Design * Sweet Peas and Bumblebees * Southern Lovely * Handy Man Crafty Woman * Someday Crafts * Organize and Decorate Everything * Primp * House of Hepworths * Bear Rabbit Bear * The Shabby Creek Cottage * Delightful Order * The 36th Avenue * Somewhat Simple * A Glimpse Inside * The Crafty Blog Stalker * No Minimalist Here * Yesterday on Tuesday * 2805 * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Remodelaholic * Lovely Crafty Home * Sassy Sites * The Shabby Nest * Home Savvy A to Z * Tatertots and Jello * The DIY Showoff * Mad in Crafts * Thrifty Decor Chick * Fingerprints on the Fridge * Kojo Designs * Finding Fabulous * Fun to Craft * Tough Cookie Mommy * Thrifty Inspirations *








No comments:

Post a Comment