Family Room Updates

I originally used solid pillows for the family room.  I liked them for a while but they were so plain and it was starting to bug me.  I started the hunt for fabrics that were the same colors but would add more dimension to the space.  I told you before going into a fabric store is overwhelming for me.  I start to grab everything I like but I usually walk out empty handed.

I had come across Online Fabric Store through an online search.  They have really good prices and have some of the same fabrics you would find in Joann's or Hancock.  It was good for me since I can search at my speed and not have to rush into buying something.  I found some Waverly fabric that I loved.  It uses the same blue tone but has a pattern.  It is the Chippendale Fretwork.  

I mixed this pattern with an Ikat pillow cover from Pottery Barn.  No, not an actual Pottery Barn pillow cover.  I made my own using one of their napkins.  No one says I can't have Pottery Barn look without the Pottery Barn price.  If you notice, most of their napkins and tablecloths coordinate with the pillow covers.





I also found this little faux leather stool at TJ Maxx on clearance.  I didn't know where I would use it but I couldn't resist the price at $5.  It was originally $50!  For right now, he's under the window.


TJ Maxx was having a MAJOR clearance that day.  I walked up and a lady had already claimed most of the furniture.  Upholstered chairs were marked $25 down from $150 and she had a couple nightstands that were also unbelievably low.  Had I been a few minutes earlier, they would have been mine.  I got a few other pieces as well.  I love clearance.  Now whenever I go in there, I hit the clearance section hoping someone got happy with the pricing gun again.

I also changed up the paintings in the breakfast area.  The before pictures were nice but they didn't have enough color.  We were able to find some that had blues and reds and worked with the modern feel of our home.

 






Now the reds and blues are mixing nicely in here.



Sharing with
The DIY Showoff * The Gunny Sack * Home Savvy A to Z * Homemaker on a Dime * Tough Cookie Mommy * Today's Creative Blog * Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy * Between Naps on the Porch * Debbiedoo's * Be Colorful * DIY Home Sweet Home * Skip to My Lou * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * The Girl Creative * Creating My Way To Success * Ninth Street Notions * Home Stories A to Z * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * A Diamond in the Stuff * Type A Decorating * Not Just A Housewife * Chef in Training * Clean and Scentsible * Petals to Picots * Blue Cricket Design * Savvy Southern Style * Ginger Snap Crafts * DIY by Design * Sweet Peas and Bumblebees * Happy Hour Projects * The Shabby Creek Cottage * Rae Gun Ramblings * Bear Rabbit Bear * 2805 * The Shabby Nest * Southern Lovely * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Ladybug Blessings * Funky Polka Dot Giraffe * French Country Cottage * No Minimalist Here * Saved by Suzy * Primp * Momnivore's Dilemma * Meg and Mum's * Lovely Crafty Home * Tatertots and Jello * Positively Splendid * Embellishing Life * Thrifty Decor Chick * The BlackBerry Vine * Strictly Homemade * New Nostalgia * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Project Queen * Sweet Little Gals * Tough Cookie Mommy * It's Overflowing * Don't Waste Your Homemaking *

No comments:

Post a Comment