Goodbye Black Chandy...But Now What?

I finally took my spray painted chandelier down. But only because I thought I was getting a new one this weekend.  Saturday morning, I took it down and just knew a new one would be in its placethat evening.  Boy was I wrong.  I headed to Lowes and Home Depot in search of my new chandelier.

First was Lowes, but nothing really spoke to me.  Besides I kind of knew the one I wanted was somewhere else.  Next stop was Home Depot.  I walked up and down the aisles several times not seeing the one I chose online.  I asked an associate where I could find the one I was looking for.  He kindly pointed out to me that this one was only available online.  There was no store SKU# that indicated it was available in store.  Bummer!  Okay, fine, I'll just choose another one.  I bought one that I thought was nice and would have to work.  I went home but couldn't make myself put it up.  It wasn't the one I wanted so why install it.  I went back to Home Depot and returned it.  

I'll be placing on order for a new one this week, but would like to know your opinion.  I originally wanted a drum pendant but after reading several comments and reviews, they don't seem to give off much light in a room.  So I decided to go with something nickel that has at least five lights on it.  Not too large but large enough to fill the space.  I think anything too big will make the dining room feel too stuffy and formal.  

This is the one I bought and returned.  I liked it but wasn't fond of the cloth shades.
 

 Here are the chandeliers I'm trying to choose between.

Option 1: Love the simpleness and clean lines.

Option 2: Love the line detail the middle.

 Option 3:  Like it but not sure about the egg shape at the bottom.

Option 4: Very pretty but I think it may be too ornate and large for my space.  It may work for the foyer though.

What do you think?  Right now there's a hole in the ceiling and the wires are taunting me.
Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment