Yellow Kitchens

Recently, I had brunch with a friend who is looking into buying her first home. Number one on her list is a kitchen painted bright yellow, and she asked me whether I liked the idea or not.
 
Some inspirational images of yellow kitchens:
via
^ These yellow stools, tulips and bowl of lemons really make a bright impact in this classic white space.

via design*sponge
^Once again, the white keeps this kitchen so crisp and allows the yellow to shine. A yellow oven is fearless!

via Better Homes and Gardens
^ I think that this is my favourite! Why not paint the island yellow rather than the walls? It's such a show stopper in an otherwise all white space. 

Here are my thoughts:
1) Why not? Paint is a good place to experiment if you aren't afraid of color because its easy and inexpensive to change.

2) Because yellow is so bright and cheery, I recommend it with white cabinets. White will keep it crisp and fresh.

3) There are great ways to bring yellow into the kitchen without painting the walls.
I am a firm believer that using an accent colour in strategic ways can make an even greater impact than simply slapping paint on the walls.
via Tiffany Leigh Interior Design
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8

Would you do a yellow kitchen? I think its so fun!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment