The Nursery Light

I came to a decision on the light for the nursery.  I jumped in the car and made a quick trip to Ikea.  I decided on the Alang in the larger 18" size.


It has that modern shape I was looking for without spending a ton of money.  Here it is right out of the box.  It has a woven texture which I thought was plastic in the store but it's actually cloth.  The light comes with the diffuser so that's an added bonus.  I also got some orange ribbon from Michael's to jazz it up a bit.


I first measured two pieces of ribbon to go around the top and bottom edge of the drum.  I melted the edges to keep them from fraying.
 

Using my hot glue gun, I made a dot about every six inches to attach my ribbon to the outside seams.  This way if I wasn't completely satisfied, I could rip off the ribbon and try something else.  I thought about adding a third row of ribbon in the middle but didn't want to cover up the textured surface.


Here's the part I just learned about Ikea lights, they don't seem to come with any screws or wire covers.  Good thing I had plenty extra in my tool box.
 

I like the added pop of orange above my head.  Not too much but it pulls your eye up.
 


Things are moving right along in this room.  I gotta keep up the pace before I run out of energy.  Only 13 more weeks and this kid will be here.  

Check out other projects from the nursery

 

Sharing with
House of Hepworths * The 36th Avenue * A Glimpse Inside * Bloom * Delightful Order * Embracing Change * Momnivore's Dilemma * No Minimalist Here * Somewhat Simple * The Shabby Creek Cottage * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * The Shabby Nest * Five Days Five Ways * Finding Fabulous * Happy Hour Projects * Just Us Four * Liz Marie Blog * Naptime Crafters * One Artsy Mama * Simply Designing * Simply Sweet Home * The Answer is Chocolate * Truly Lovely * Tatertots and Jello * It's Overflowing * Classy Clutter * Making the World Cuter * Under the Table and Dreaming * A Lived In Home * DIY Showoff * I Heart Naptime * Three Mango Seeds * Between Naps on the Porch * Be Colorful * That's What Che Said * CRAFT * Lines Across * Creatively Living * Uncommon Designs * Keeping It Simple * Marvelously Messy * Sew Can Do * Project Inspire * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * Skip to My Lou * The Gunny Sack * The Dedicated House * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Home Stories A to Z * Homework * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * Not Just a Housewife * New Nostalgia * The Winthrop Chronicles * Sugar Bee Crafts * Today's Creative Blog * Ginger Snap Crafts * Clean and Scentsible * Southern Lovely * Savvy Southern Style * Osie Moats * Someday Crafts * Evolution of Style * Thrifty Decor Chick * Crafty Confessions *

No comments:

Post a Comment