Hanging A Mirror With Ribbon

I wanted to hang a mirror in the nursery but wasn't sure how I wanted to do it.  I thought about just gluing a hanger to the back and calling it lovely but I decided a ribbon would give me some more punch of color.


I started with a round mirror from Michael's, my orange ribbon, and hot glue.
 

I cut 2 pieces of ribbon the same length.  Remember to burn the edges so they won't fray.
 

I tried to decide how far I wanted the mirror to hang and tied a knot in the middle accordingly.  The knot is almost centered but more towards one side.


On one side I tied a bow and the other side I hot glued to the back of the mirror.


I hung it using a nail through the middle of the knot.


It's a nice little touch.  Thinking about a gallery wall around the mirror and some small trinkets.  Remember this will be the changing table.  What do you think?


Check out other projects from the nursery

 

Sharing with
Southern Lovely * Bear Rabbit Bear * House of Hepworths * DIY Showoff * Making the World Cuter *

No comments:

Post a Comment