Poor Poor Plant

You may remember this plant from the family room.


Well it no longer looks like that.  I've tried watering it just enough to keep the soil moist and sitting it in front of the window during the day but it doesn't seem to be working.  I think the colder weather last winter just took its toll on the poor thing. 

I've never really had a green thumb but this one has lasted quite a while.  I've been trying to decide what I want to replace it with.  Should I get another of the same plant or try something new?  I love that this one looks full and green but isn't huge and doesn't take up too much space. 

I've seen several people get fiddle leaf fig trees but have also read they are fickle and can die on you quickly.  It may also be larger than I'm looking for.  




Or how about the simple palm tree?  I keep seeing them in Home Depot but I don't think it's really my style.  Sure they look nice but they have more of a tropical feel.




Any suggestions on a new house plant?  One that can withstand the upcoming cooler weather.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment