DIY West Elm Sculptural Spheres

A while back I made a sphere from embroidery hoops.

 
I wasn't totally in love with it and it never stayed together with the little hands around here that like to touch.  I was thumbing through the newest West Elm catalog and saw these.  They're available in gold and silver.


I loved them so much more than the wooden ones.  I wanted to make one but I didn't feel like running to the craft store so I used what I had, the red embroidery hoops.  I took it apart and started new.
 

I put three hoops together in the same shape as the West Elm version.  I had to use tape to hold the outer hoop together.
 

Using paper mache, I began to add layers of paper.
 

Once it dried, I sprayed it with black spray paint.  After the spray paint was dry, I gave it a good coat of silver craft paint.  It gives it a metallic look.  The West Elm version has rounder edges but I still like mine.
 

I've been switching out all my DIY pieces on this table.  The urchin was here before but it's been moved.
 

The more I look at this table, the more I realize I need to get some home decor books on display.






I like that I can add hand made pieces to the table for a fraction of the price as store bought.



Sharing with
It's So Very Cheri * Under the Table and Dreaming * CRAFT * Between Naps on the Porch * Homecoming * Marvelously Messy * Sew Can Do * Skip to My Lou * Keeping It Simple * Tip Junkie * Delineate Your Dwelling * A Bowl Full of Lemons * A Stroll Thru Life * Funky Polka Dot Giraffe * Home Stories A to Z * Homework * Thrifty Decor Chick * The Blissful Bee * A Glimpse Inside * House of Rose * 504 Main * The 36th Avenue * The Shabby Nest * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Finding Fabulous * Just Us Four * I Heart Organizing *

No comments:

Post a Comment