Custom Target Furniture

I was browsing Target.com when I saw they have introduced custom furniture.  What the what?  Go ahead then Target.  You mean I can get the same affordable pieces but with the fabric of my choice?  Count me in.  I began to look at the various pieces in their customizable collection.

I love the shape and lines of this bench.  With a little fabric, it goes to a whole new level.  The price tag starts at $220 so still not sure it's worth the extra money for me to get a custom fabric.  It would be an easy DIY to buy a standard bench and re-cover it yourself.

bench

I love the size and shape of this chair.  The price tag of this one starts at $450.
 
chairs

I don't know how long I've wanted an upholstered headboard.  I will have one some day.  Sooner rather than later.  This one makes me drool.  This piece starts at $700.  I'm sure I could DIY one for much cheaper.

headboard

Although I love the idea of customizing my furniture pieces to fit my style and home, I don't think the price tags are for me.  I'm more of a do-it-myself kind of girl now.  These prices are still lower than pieces you would expect to find at West Elm or Crate Barrel though.  I guess Target is trying to step their game up a little. 

What do you think about Target introducing this option?  Would you try it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment