Bringing In Some Green

I showed you a few weeks ago an inspiration board mixing blues and greens. I've decided green is the new accent color I want to bring into my home.  I just love how the two colors play off one another.  Since the loft is already in progress, I will add of touch of green here.


Last week I showed you the gallery wall.  There were some wooden candlesticks on the TV console.  They were brown and they blended in so you could have missed them.  I wanted to pump up the color a bit so I purchased some green spray paint.
 

Now they pop off the console and are a good contrast against the gray wall.  The color is Krylon Ivy Leaf.  I found the storage baskets at Target.  They are good for holding games and controllers for the game system.
 

The left one sits next to an Ikea vase and faux plant. I'm thinking about adding some blue to this vase.


On the right is a blue vase I picked up at Target on clearance filled with more decorative sticks from Ikea.


I also picked up a green throw from West Elm to bring in a little more green.  I switched the green pillow that was here with the blue graphic pillow from the family room.  The blue and green mix will be happening downstairs as well.


I like how the green wall from my daughter's room peeks through and adds another pop of color.  Very unexpected but it works.
 

This space is coming along nicely.  We still need to find a shelf we like for behind the sofa and a few other details.  We are already enjoying lounging here and watching movies together.

Have you made any updates with accessories lately?



Sharing with
Under the Table and Dreaming * DIY Showoff * Delineate Your Dwelling * Between Naps on the Porch * Creatively Living * Homecoming * Skip to My Lou * Keeping It Simple * A Stroll Thru Life * A Bowl Full of Lemons * Home Stories A to Z * Homework * New Nostalgia * Not Just a Housewife * The Blackberry Vine * The Gunny Sack * The Winthrop Chronicles * Tiny Sidekick * Tip Junkie * DIY by Design * Ginger Snap Crafts * Handy Man Crafty Woman * Simply Designing * Sew Much Ado * Someday Crafts * The Blissful Bee * House of Rose * Just Us Four * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Diana Rambles * Remodelaholic * The Idea Room * The Answer is Chocolate * Truly Lovely * The Shabby Nest * Thrifty Decor Chick *

No comments:

Post a Comment