Birthday Bedside Table

Hello my loves! I've really missed blogging the past couple of weeks. I'm sorry for my unexplained absence...it was finals at school (officially done term 7!) and I was wrapped up in projects. Forgive me?
While I was taking my blogging break, I also celebrated a Birthday and turned 24! Woohoo! Today I'm sharing a couple of my gifts from my boyfriend, M.

For a long time, my bedside table was the one area in my apartment that I was not happy with. It was functional, but it was from my childhood bedroom set and I didn't feel like it really had any personality (see it here). I tried and tried again to style it in a way that would satisfy me (as I've pretty much run out of a decor budget), but I guess I still complained because M. took note and bought me a new one as a birthday gift! I have to say, buying someone a piece of furniture without their pre-approval is a pretty risky move, but then again M. has never been one to hold back! And guess what? He did so good!! What can I say? The man has good taste.
 I love that this section of my space has such a calming, almost cottagey feel to it. It really is my retreat after a long day in the busy city! The rustic, distressed side table that M. chose is from Home Sense and is such a great addition. He also got me the IKEA Ranarp plug in sconce which I have been wanting for months! It's perfect paired with this side table since it is narrower and a table lamp would take up a lot of space. The sconce frees up room for essentials like books, a clock, and pretty accessories.
sconce / 'Leopard is a Neutral' print / clock / matches / Great Gatsby copy / astrological hand

The lamp swivels, and the head rotates, making it ideal for reading in bed. M. also gifted me a copy of "War and Peace" by Leo Tolstoy, so he really created the ultimate reading retreat for my room. Last year, before we were dating, he surprised me with a copy of "Anna Karenina" by Tolstoy for my birthday, so it has become a bit of a tradition.

I'm glad to be back! Hope you all have a fabulous week
xox
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment