Sophisticated Decor Touch: A Chess Set

My father taught me to play chess. When he was a boy in school, he signed up for a chess tournament...the trouble is, he had no idea how to play. He went home, and his father taught him the basics. My dad won that entire tournament.

There is something so sophisticated and elegant about a chess set. Maybe it's the classic checkerboard pattern, maybe it's the elegant, sculptural pieces (which is your favourite? I like the knight), or maybe it's the harkening back to a time before video games. Either way, I'm always on the look out at antique stores and flea markets for the perfect marble chess set.
I think its presence adds a strikingly smart addition to a room.
Kelly Wearstler via The Coveteur
Alaina Kaczmarski via The EveryGirl

Elle Decor Showhouse via California Home Design




 Do you know how to play chess?
 xox
 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment