House Tour: Powder Room

As you enter the house and turn right is our powder room.  I still haven't figured out why it's called that.  This room was the most complete first.  Probably because it's smaller and I didn't have as many walls to fill or accessories to buy.  The room started out pretty bland.  

This is how it looked before when we moved in.  Standard builder's beige.  And no there were no blinds so that is the front porch you're looking at.  Had to install those first so we could have some privacy while we do our business.  Ha!


It stayed that way for about a month before I couldn't take it anymore was inspired to change it.  I painted it Behr Dark Pewter.  It's a medium grey with a touch of blue.  It warmed the space up a bit without being too dark.




There was a brown valance over the window but I removed it because it was too plain for me.  I'm waiting on the right fabric to hit me. 

Above the toilet are some small shelves I got at Target.  On top of the shelves are a decorative reed diffuser, candles and candle holders, and an extra hand towel.


Across from the toilet are 3 prints that I matted and framed.  They incorporate the color grey and some red that pulls from the reed diffuser.  I chose white frames to help them pop off the wall instead of blending in.


I changed the basic chrome light fixture with a nickle one from Home Depot.  I think we will change most of the light fixtures in the house to nickel.  I have yet to change the faucet yet, but it will be nickel as well.



I added an accent rug to pull in all the colors.

Loving the look so far.  It's a room our guests will use so at least the color is calming.

Details:
Paint - Home Depot - Behr Dark Pewter
Light - Home Depot
Shelves - Target
Candles and Candle holders - Dollar Tree
Reed Diffuser - Family Dollar
Hand towels - Walmart
Towel ring - Home Goods
Waste basket - Big Lots
Frames and mattes - Michael's
Prints - Art.com
Toilet paper holder - Garden Ridge
Rug - Kohl's

Linking up at:






Roomspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment