House Tour: Kitchen

The kitchen has been started.  It has gotten a coat of paint and we bought new stainless appliances when we moved in.  The hardwood floors were not extended into this space.  We weren't really sure how the hardwoods would hold up in the kitchen.  We have plenty of flooring left so finishing this space wouldn't be an issue.



There's lots of space in here where the whole family can be in there and not bump into each other.  I would say we have double the cabinet space as our previous home.  Although I love the amount of cabinets, I don't love the color of them.  We are eventually going to stain the cabinets darker.  This should keep the cabinets from blending in to the wall color, which I am thinking about changing also.  We are also going to install a tile backsplash.


The window brings in great light in the daytime.




Here's a before of the same space.


In this corner is my re-vamped knife block.  The knife block was a light color but me being me I spray painted it in oil rubbed bronze.  I will change the glass canisters to stainless or bronze.  I haven't seen any that I love yet. 




In the other corner is a cheese dome.  It was 2 separate pieces that were glued together and spray painted oil rubbed bronze.  I borrowed this idea from Allison.  The tray is a thrift store find that I lined with scrapbook paper.







We can't understand why there are 3 light fixtures here.  There are 2 florescent lights and 1 recessed light.  We are planning to add some track lighting and a pendant over the island.



How about a before and after?




So do you have hardwood floors in your kitchen?  How are they holding up?

Kitchen To do list:
Stain cabinets
Install tile backsplash
Change light fixtures
Wall art
Accessories on top of the cabinets?
Beadboard on island 

Linking Up At:
Thrifty Decor Chick * Clean & Scentsible * Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy * DIY by Design  * Savvy Southern Style * A Diamond in the Stuff * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * House of Grace * Coastal Charm * Blue Cricket Design * Southern Lovely * A Beach Cottage * The Shabby Creek Cottage * Frugalicious Me * House of Hepworths * Bear Rabbit Bear * The Shabby Nest * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Sassy Sites * On Sutton Place * Remodelaholic * Just a Girl  * The Shabby Nest * Simple Home Life * Tatertots and Jello * Under the Table and Dreaming * Tough Cookie Mommy * The DIY Showoff * Dittle Dattle * The Gunny Sack * Making the World Cuter * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia  * Homemaker on a Dime * Chef in Training * Not Just a Housewife * No Minimalist Here * Evolution of Style *




No comments:

Post a Comment