Kitchen Cabinets Revealed

After a long weekend and several week nights of painting, I can finally say the kitchen cabinets are done.  Say hello to our new kitchen.



The stools seem to disappear into the island.  Not sure if I want to leave them this way or find some new ones.  I could try to recover the seats and paint the legs.



I removed the dark striped valance and it already brightened the kitchen by allowing more light in.  I hope to find some fabric soon to make another window treatment.  I was thinking about a roman shade.  It wouldn't bother me to leave the window bare either.
 

It thought going to darker cabinets would make the room feel dark but I think it actually adds another dimension.














I found this rug at Target.  It added more blue and I loved the whimsical play on chevron.
 



So glad I went with stainless steel pulls instead of keeping the old nickel knobs.  They pop off the brown and have a presence on the doors and drawers.


They also coordinate with the stainless appliances and canisters on the counter.  The dark cabinets now pull the brown from the back splash we installed. 




Here's a reminder of where we started.


And now.


Ahhh.  Now I can relax and enjoy our new kitchen.  I thought this day would never come.

See the how to tutorial here using the Cabinet Transformations.
 


Sharing at
Under the Table and Dreaming * Tough Cookie Mommy * The DIY Showoff * It's Overflowing * I Heart Naptime * Making The World Cuter * Flamingo Toes * Homemaker on a Dime * Ask Anna * Between Naps on the Porch * CRAFT * Craftomaniac * Creating My Way to Success * DIY Home Sweet Home * It's So Very Cheri * Keeping It Simple * Lines Across * Marvelously Messy * Polish The Stars * Sew Can Do * Sew Chatty * Singing Three Little Birds * Skip To My Lou * Sumo's Sweet Stuff * The Gunny Sack * Home Stories A to Z * Today's Creative Blog * A Bowl Full of Lemons * A Diamond in the Stuff * Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy * Funky Polka Dot Giraffe * Homework * Hope Studios * Ladybug Blessings * My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia * New Nostalgia * Not Just a Housewife * Reasons to Skip the Housework * Sweet Little Gals * Clean and Scentsible * Savvy Southern Style * DIY by Design * Southern Lovely * Ginger Snap Crafts * Domestically Speaking * Home Happy Home * Blue Cricket Design * Handy Man Crafty Woman * Lil Luna * Organize and Decorate Everything * Primp * House of Hepworths * Bear Rabbit Bear * A Glimpse Inside * Delightful Order * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Remodelaholic * Sassy Sites * Five Days Five Ways * The Shabby Nest * Tatertots and Jello * Be Colorful * Don't Waste Your Homemaking * Classy Clutter * Positively Splendid * Six Sisters' Stuff * Evolution of Style * Uncommonly Yours * Homemaker in Heels * Thrifty Decor Chick * Cheap Crafty Mama * Happy Hour Projects * Emily A. Clark * The DIY Village *

No comments:

Post a Comment